OSRP is so excited to share that another part of the Mentorship Program for new psychotherapists is launching!
The goal of this workshop is to help each participant get from start to finish on their application to CRPO for the Registered Psychotherapist Qualifying license for applicants who have completed a CRPO recognized/accepted education program.
Facilitators will walk workshop participants step-by-step through the CRPO recognized/accepted education program application online process and participants will be able to complete their applications during the workshop with extra support from the facilitators.
This workshop is only available to OSRP student members. If you are not a member, please go to https://members.psychotherapyontario.org/Join-us
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
During this workshop, participants will be completing their own applications to CRPO. Therefore it is imperative that you have access to your online application with CRPO in time for the workshop!
In order to gain access to your online application with CRPO you must do the following ahead of the workshop on August 10, 2021:
- Go to CRPO’s website https://www.crpo.ca/ and click on the text “login” which is found in the upper right corner of the home page
- The next page is https://crpo.ca.thentiacloud.net/webs/crpo/appservice/ and on this page, you need to click on the green button under “Applying for Registration”, to access the applicant portal
- The next page is https://crpo.ca.thentiacloud.net/webs/crpo/application/#/login and on this page, you need to click on the button that says “New User? Apply Now”
- On the next page you will need to enter your email address twice and then click “submit”
- When you receive the activation link email from CRPO, you will follow the instructions from CRPO on how to access your account (which will take you back to the page noted in step 2 above and will have you set up your sign-in)
- In your new account with CRPO you need to find the Jurisprudence Course, pay for the course AND successfully complete the course before CRPO will be give you access to the application. NOTE: The jurisprudence course takes several hours to complete.
**IMPORTANT: You must send by email a copy of the jurisprudence certificate of completion with your name on it to [email protected] by NOON EDT on Friday, August 6, 2021 to secure your spot in this workshop. If you do not submit your jurisprudence certificate by NOON EDT on Friday, August 6, 2021 you will be bumped from this workshop and placed into the next CRPO Application Workshop which will be in October 2021.**Below are the supporting documents that are needed to complete the CRPO recognized/approved education application:
**The above list and information can be found on page 2 of this document from CRPO: https://www.crpo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Supporting-Documents-Checklist.pdf
Mandatory documents for your application to CRPO:
- Please send a request to your education institution for your transcript or an academic letter to be sent directly to CRPO by email to this email address: [email protected]
- Please print out and complete the Consent to the Release of Information form and have a pdf file of it ready for the workshop as it will be uploaded to your application during the workshop
- For the statutory declaration form – you have the choice of having the form commissioned on your own ahead of the application workshop and having a pdf file of it ready to be uploaded to your application during the workshop. You also have the choice of having the form virtually commissioned as part of the workshop by a notary public and paralegal for a cost of $25.00. If you would like this option, please indicate this choice below when you register and details will be emailed to directly from the notary public and paralegal about this process.
If applicable documents for your application to CRPO:
For both the language proficiency test and the documents relating to legal proceedings or conduct, please try to have these ready for in time for the workshop. It is not mandatory for these documents to be submitted at the same time, however it m ay be helpful to have these steps complete before you begin the workshop.
PLEASE NOTE: You will also receive the above information by email shortly after you register for the workshop.